In January 2020, Aide et Action handed over the last of our projects in China to local communities and closed our office in China.
Our projects which focused on Early Childhood Care and Education and Women’s Empowerment are now being implemented by the local communities and local NGOs to ensure the sustainability and longevity of the work.
We wish to thank all our staff in China for their commitment and dedication to our mission.
From 2017-2020, our work in China led to:
- 8 centres have been built to provide friendly and quality early childhood care and education services to children in the remote communities
- 3,015 children aged from 0 to 3 years old made better progress in their early development after receiving our services and continue to perform well in kindergartens.
- 126 women were successfully trained as “mother instructors” and played an important role to transmit their knowledge and skills regarding parental education, including support and preparation for motherhood and care for infants.
- 1,903 marginalized women reinforced their soft and hard professional skills and competencies which allow them to have a decent job and better daily life.
- 963 urban marginalized women were trained on livelihoods or leadership skills, which promoted them for better job opportunities and participation in community development.
- 53 awareness campaigns and community events were conducted to promote the role of women and girls in the workplace, society and in community development, as well as to advocate for gender equality.
- We won 3rd prize in the “2018 Excellent Social Service Program for Women and Children”, organized by the Chengdu Women’s Federation.
- Our Women’s Further Education Development program won second prize in the “2018 Sichuan Provincial Women and Children NGO program“ competition。
- Our ECCE program won second prize in the “2019 Excellent Social Service Program for Women and Children”, organized by the Chengdu Women’s Federation.
- ECCE program received the Silver Prize at the China Youth Philanthropic Entrepreneurship Competition.