Theme: Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE)
Location: Kep and Kandal Provinces, CAMBODIA
Objectives: Our key objective is to increase access to quality early childhood care and education (ECCE) for children aged 3-8 years old to enable them to be ready for a smooth and successful transition to primary school. We provide technical support and training to early childhood educators, parents and caregivers, and local authorities to create sustainable quality, child-friendly learning environments in school and home to create more awareness and ownership of early childhood care and education outside the classroom.
Results in 2020: In 2020, to support parents and teachers during schools closures caused by Covid-19, we produced 180 videos of reading stories; distributed 854 storybooks and 1,500 colouring books, and created seven photocopy centres for teachers to print exercises for children. We also conducted online training and coaching sessions for local authorities and teachers to help them adapt to the challenges of distance learning.
Our activities include (but are not limited to):
- Raising community awareness about the importance of pre-school education
- Mobilising communities to make pre-school education a reality
- Setting up community preschools (renovating buildings and classrooms and furnishing them)
- Training pre-school teachers in teaching methodologies and the use of the curriculum (in collaboration with Provincial Offices of Education)
- Opening preschools and enrolling children from 3 to 5 years old
- Advocating for more public resources for early childhood development
Key Partner: iLEAD International School