Please download full terms of reference for more details and description of project.
Aide et Action is currently seeking consultants to produce video case studies for our project Promoting Quality and Inclusive Early Childhood Care, Education (ECCE) and Parenting in Cambodia and Vietnam.
Under the supervision of the Regional and Country Project Managers and guidance of the Regional Communication Manager, the consultant will provide two high quality video case studies in Vietnam on the identified project’s best practice in responsive parenting and child-centred teaching and learning methodologies. The videos are for internal audiences and will engage caregivers and teachers with the aim to highlight their best practices and technical know-how to inspire their peers from their neighbouring country.
The consultant will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different social and cultural backgrounds. The consultant will ensure effective and efficient provision of services, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. In all activities Aide et Action commissions, consultants are to ensure dignity of subjects, particularly children.
The consultant will:
- Read, sign and adhere to all child protection policies and safeguarding policies
- Travel to project locations to (1) film project’s best practice on selected topics, and (2) interview the selected subjects with assistance from Aide et Action field staff on their technical skills
- Secure informed consent form (to be provided by Aide et Action) from every woman and man (as well as children) who were filmed
- Be responsible for producing two video case studies that range between 10-15 minutes in length and will
- Video 1: showcase caregivers’ best practice in responsive parenting and supporting their children’s school readiness at home
- Video 2: showcase teachers’ best practice in child-centred teaching and learning methodologies and supporting school readiness
- Share the copyright of the videos with Aide et Action
- Upload the rushes in a timely manner, ensuring Aide et Action has access to all unedited footage
Particular focus on gender would be welcome.
The assignment is expected to be completed by May 2021. The consultant is expected to begin the assignment in mid/late March 2021. The estimated time (excluding travel) will be up to two days of shooting in the field (locations to be determined).
Role and responsibilities of the consultant
The consultant will be given the following responsibilities:
- Consult with Aide et Action Southeast Asia regional and country teams to understand the objectives and expectations for the videos.
- Provide a time schedule to Aide et Action’s project managers for discussion and approval.
- Film relevant scenes in the project’s locations that showcase stakeholders’ best practices and explain their technical know-how and tips in the style of a tutorial.
- Edit engaging videos that will be easily understood and absorbed by peer caregivers and teachers in Vietnam and neighbouring countries.
- Collaborate with the professional translator that Aide et Action will recruit to caption the videos accordingly.
Please note we will also welcome suggestions of a professional translator from the consultant if they have a good working relationship with them already.
Competencies and qualifications of the consultant
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent videography and photography skills and ability to deliver images that tell a story
- Ability to work with a multicultural environment and a multidisciplinary team
- Willingness to travel to project sites, no matter how remote
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Positive, constructive attitude to work
Required Skills and Experience
- Educational background in photography, videography, journalism, communications, arts, media or any relevant field
- Minimum two years of experience shooting video and photography for NGOs
- Excellent communications skills and ability to conduct short interviews with subjects
- Excellent coordination, organizational/management and communication skills
- Ability to travel and under tight time constraints
- Capacity to provide necessary videography equipment
- Current resident in Vietnam and holding a valid work permit to fulfil the contract if not a Vietnamese national (preference given to Vietnamese nationals)
The consultant will be based in Vietnam and will travel to the project’s location to document the identified best practices in Lai Chau province.
Please download full terms of reference.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by submitting the following documents by 12 Match 2021 to:
Applications should include:
- A CV
- An online portfolio/showreel demonstrating relevant experience*
- Contact details (email and telephone number)
- Contact details for two professional references
- Details of equipment
- Financial proposal, stating daily rate in USD for shooting and editing. No other costs should be included in the financial proposal at this stage
*Please note your portfolio should contain your best and most relevant work in an easy-to-view manner and not require the viewer to navigate a series of links and folders.