Job title: Management Information System (MIS) Coordinator
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Department: MEAL and Innovation Department
Application Deadline: Rolling
Aide et Action is currently seeking to hire for the role of Management Information System (MIS) Coordinator.
Please download the full job description here.
The MIS Coordinator will be specifically responsible for the effective management of all database systems established by the project through regular updates and strict maintenance.
S/he will ensure key project staff and implementing partners are properly trained on the use of the system, including training end-users on the database system, dashboards and insights garnered from the data and where necessary develop user manuals. S/he will also regularly assist the MEAL and Innovation Department in implementing partners’ capacity strengthening through frequent remote engagement and field visits, working with them to assess field conditions, support capacity strengthening, and facilitate the data verifying and reporting of quality data
Management Information System
- Coordinate and roll out the newly-established M&E database system including ensuring the proper use of the system for program and reporting quality.
- Maintain the project management information system and ensure that it is updated regularly and timely.
- Assist the MEAL and Innovation Department in the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Lead in data entering, cleaning and analysis to prepare timely and quality reports.
- Support in systematic data analysis, present, and disseminate information to inform project management.
- Seek solutions for more complex data management requirements by working with Digital Learning Officer and the Manager.
- Support in analysis against the performance indicators and targets on a periodic basis.
- Update and share timely reports from the Management Information System.
- Ensure all appropriate staff are properly trained on the use of the system and provide direct technical support as needed.
- Assist in implementing partners ‘capacity strengthening through frequent remote engagement and field visits, working with them to assess field conditions, support capacity strengthening, and facilitate the data verifying and reporting of quality data.
- Collect complaints and feedback during field activities and ensure that these are shared with the team to be updated on the system
- Constructively contributes and collaborates with all colleagues to achieve the organizational goals;
- Delivers high-quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment;
- Complies with all legislation and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Values and Behavior
- Promotes and be a role model to support organizational culture, growth, performance and image;
- Actively supports the organization’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO);
- Actively demonstrates the organizational values:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Economics, Bio statistics, Social Science, Computer Science or Project Management.
- A diploma in IT with a bias in Database Development will be an added advantage.
- A certificate in M&E is a plus.
- Proven experience in undertaking analysis of both qualitative and quantitative research using relevant software such as STATA, SPSS, or Advance Excel.
- Excellent skills in data visualization using relevant software.
- Ability to lead the implementation of new systems, and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in implementation MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government/private sector.
- Strong technical expertise including a passion for handling large amounts of data and transforming it into compelling visualizations that facilitate analysis and decision-making.
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate statistics and the ability to summarize, generalize, and make predictions from large data sets.
- Strong information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in IT/computer skills (including sound MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word proficiency).
- Field experience in developing practical, useful, timely monitoring systems, both at the program- and county levels that promote the use of data for adaptive management and learning.
- Comfort working with qualitative and quantitative methodologies for data collection and analysis.
Advance level in the following core competencies:
- Leading for Change: Capable of developing strategic shifts to adapt to the changing environment that maintains the organization’s relevance and competitiveness
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Drive for Results: Sets high standards for quality of work; monitors and maintains quality work; works in a methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- The world’s local solution: Upholding AEA global principles, championing community-driven solutions with the ability to articulate and link field projects to AEA’s global approach and vice-versa. Ability to develop an environment that allows the team at all levels to engage in the big picture (vision, mission and strategies) while delivering their daily tasks.
- Child Projection: Perform the highest standard to ensure child safeguarding in accordance with our Child Protection Policy
Ability to travel domestically and internationally, for no less than 30% and usually not to exceed 40% of total working days per year.
How to apply
Please download the full job description here.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications are invited to send their CV and a cover letter to the HR department at: email@example.com.
This position is available to be filled immediately and Aide et Action may interview candidates on a rolling basis.