Job title: Human Resource and Change Manager
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Department: Finance and Operations Department
Aide et Action (AEA) is an international nongovernmental organisation working in 19 countries across Africa, Europe, and Asia to support the development of sustainable education projects. We believe in the universal right to a quality education and for 40 years, have based our interventions around this ethos
Our Vision: Changing the world through education.
Our Mission: Aide et Action ensures access to quality education for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, especially children, so they can take charge of their own development and contribute to a more peaceful and sustainable world.
AEA’ s staff operate in the spirit of shared decision making which demands team-work, Transparency & Accountability, mutual respect, integrity, personal initiative, creativity, and professional discretion.
Our approach focuses on Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE); Access and Quality Education and; Livelihood and Lifelong Learning. We have 40 years’ experience implementing alongside local communities, partner organizations and governments. Cambodia, Aide et Action achieved its mission through collaboration with the Government of Cambodia (the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports being the main project’s counterpart), NGOs, CBOs, local authorities, education officials, parents, youth, and community members.
Please download the full job description here.
The primary responsibility of the Human Resource manager is to enhance the organisation’s human resources by planning, implementing, evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices, contracts and employee handbooks. The successful candidate will be passionate about recruiting, supporting, and evolving employees through our organisation’s guidelines and managing processes.
Ultimately, she/he will foster a healthy workplace by ensuring our HR procedures run smoothly at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategy on employee recruiting, hiring, and retention
- Optimize the use of people analytics software to manage talent
- Conduct executive coaching and leadership training
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Provides guidance to employees on organisation Employee Handbook and procedures.
- Maintains records of insurance coverage, seniority, provident, retirement plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other related personnel and payroll issues.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Employee engagement (having an open-door policy where staff feel free to come in for a chat and where they can feel free to discuss any issues they might have)
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Advising management team on HR issues and changes to employment law
- Keep up to date with Employment Law regulations and any changes
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other tasks that support the overall program as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- Constructively contributes and collaborates with all colleagues to achieve the organizational goals;
- Delivers high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment;
- Complies with all legislations and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Values and Behavior
- Promotes and be a role model to support organizational culture, growth, performance and image;
- Actively supports the organization commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO);
- Actively demonstrates the organizational values:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree in business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or any relevant field, master preferred.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Excellent computers skills, particularly with MS- Office Package.
- Experienced professional with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience operating at an operational level as an experienced specialist in their field.
- Additional 2+ years supervisor experience required
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Drive for Results: Sets high standards for quality of work in the project work plan; monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- Leading for Change: Capable of developing strategic shift to adapt to the changing environment that maintains the organization relevant and competitive
- Child Projection: Perform the highest standard to ensure child safeguarding in according with our Child Projection Policy.
- Ability to travel locally, for approximately 20% of the total working days per year.
How to apply
Please download the full job description here.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications are invited to send their CV and a cover letter to HR department at: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 6 February 2022
Note: Aide et Action may interview the candidates on a rolling basis. The position is available to be filled immediately.