Job title: Finance Manager
Office: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Department: Finance Department
Type of employment: One-year renewable contract
Reports to: Head of Finance and Support Services
Career band: Country Direction Committee
Download the full job description here.
The Finance Manager will support the implementation of The Cambodia Consortium for Out of School Children (CCOSC) Phase II by ensuring the financial management and information systems are in place and functional. The Finance Manager will be responsible for implementing an inter-agency fraud risk prevention, mitigation, and response plan. The position is responsible for receiving and reviewing partner expenditures and reports and preparing consolidated financial reports for the donor.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the initial preparation/review, negotiation, due diligence, monitoring, and modifications of partnership agreements. S/he is also responsible for monitoring financial reports and expenditures of current grants and contracts, and identifying trends associated with over/under expenditure, and making recommendations to resolve these.
The Finance Manager will ensure the compliance of both donor financial rules and internal control systems, supporting proposal budgeting, providing management information on key risks, contributing to the implementation of improved financial systems.
AEA is in the process of starting a US$ 34M consortium project. The project aims to implemented across the country providing access to equitable, quality, and relevant primary education to 116,396 marginalized, out of school children (OOSC) in Cambodia. The head of programs will lead this consortium project to support OOSC to access primary education, focusing on equitable access, quality and relevance, and ownership and accountability. OOSC will initially be identified through participatory community mapping campaigns to bring them into the formal education system through supply and demand side interventions.
Oversee and support the production of consortium annual budget, cash flow forecasts, and other forecasts in compliance with donors and AEA financial guidelines.
Oversee and support all phases of finance and restricted contributions from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments award, financial administration and monitoring, contract terms, and legal or regulatory compliance
- Provide technical support in the preparation, review, and consolidation of the consortium budgeting process.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare and implement a training and follow-up program for all project staff and stakeholders to strengthen their financial and management capabilities and fulfill their grant obligations.
Support any audits including special audits conducted by the internal auditor, external auditor, and grantors
Budgeting and reporting
Provide financial analyses and models as needed for management decision making and strategic monitoring of project performance financial reports
Collaborates with program staff in development of comprehensive annual program budgets, to monitor and revise program budgets
Ensures compliance with current program budgets and spending policies, and proposes improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning.
Works with managers and other members of the Finance team to streamline internal
Audit coordination, risk management, and compliance
Identify, mitigate and report Finance and support services risks throughout the portfolio
Prepare and audit schedules for the annual audit and other compliance reviews.
Coordinate and support execution of Internal, External audits.
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues to achieve the organizational goals.
- Deliver high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment.
- Comply with all legislations and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Values and behavior
- Promote and be a role model to support organizational culture, growth, performance and image
- Actively support the organization commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Actively demonstrate the organizational values: Dignity, Inclusion, Integrity, Solidarity and Transparency and Accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, Master’s degree in Business related field (MBA required), CPA or ACCA Preferred.
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization
- At least ten years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders). Three years should be at management level.
- Experience managing statutory and donor audits (European Union, multilateral donor funding preferred)
- Substantive experience working in the NGO sector dealing with multiple donor funds and meeting different donor reporting requirements
- Proven management experience in the supervision of staff in cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a team-setting of diverse backgrounds working towards global development.
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Proactive and hands-on experience Manager who will own, in partnership with the Finance Director, responsibility for the Global Fund Finance Department.Proven track record of achieving results and ability to cope up with multiple priorities and be able to take initiative
How to apply
Download the full job description here.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to send their CV with a cover letter to Aide et Action’s Cambodian office at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.