Aide et Action is an international NGO committed to increasing access to quality education for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, especially children. Aide et Action currently operates in 19 countries across Africa, Asia and Europe and reaches more than 1.2 million people every year.
Internationally, we have 40 years of experience and began working in Southeast Asia in 2002, first in Cambodia, and later extended to Vietnam, Laos and China through both partnerships and direct implementation with local NGOs, governments, and communities. We believe in the universal right to a quality education, and base our interventions around this ethos.
Our Vision: Changing the world through education.
Aide et Action’s mission is to ensures access to quality education for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, especially children, so they can take charge of their own development and contribute to a more peaceful and sustainable world. AEA’ s staff operate in the spirit of shared decision making which demands team-work, transparency, mutual respect, integrity, personal initiative, creativity, and professional discretion.
Our approach focuses on Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE); Access and Quality Education and; Livelihood and Lifelong Learning. Aide et Action plans to achieve project objectives in Cambodia in collaboration with the Government of Cambodia (the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports being the main project’s counterpart), NGOs, CBOs, local authorities, education officials, parents, youth, and community members.
The Digital and Learning Manager reports directly to the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) and Innovation and has regular interaction with senior staff, country and regional heads, donors and key stakeholders.
Responsibilities include building and managing digital Platforms for visualizing and sharing knowledge (reports/publications/interactive maps etc.). The job requires knowledge of building/ linking databases to dashboards that can be easily put together using dropdown menus. We are looking for a person with good working knowledge of Microsoft dynamics, power BI or equivalent tools. Knowledge of GIS and other location based services and how these can be linked to databases (Geographic mapping) would be useful.
Learning and Innovation Development
- Build and manage Digital Learning platforms with the goal of making knowledge easily accessible for all staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with content and impact partners in developing new learning solutions.
- Gather users’ feedback, monitor, evaluate and report on training program performance.
- Ensure training initiatives and execution strategically align with user support functionality, user advocacy, and communications.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, and measuring progress of Digital Learning.
- Provide backup support as needed for communications and help desk management.
Leadership and Collaboration
- The Digital and Learning Manager will contribute towards the organization’s digital learning strategy.
- Integrate technology into our programs to enhance learning and community engagement.
- Integrate digital content to support Aide et Action’s projects and programs.
- Support the integration of technology, tablets, and other devices as learning tools into partner programs and learning setting.
- Constructively contributes and collaborates with all colleagues to achieve the organizational goals.
- Deliver high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment.
- Comply with all legislations and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Values and Behavior
- Promote and be a role model to support organizational culture, growth, performance and image.
- Actively support the organization’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
- Actively demonstrate the organizational values: Dignity, Inclusion, Integrity, Solidarity, and Transparency and Accountability
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required (Master’s Degree in a relevant field an added advantage)
- Knowledge of database management. MS Dynamics and Power BI or equivalent. Facilitating online interface using relevant coding (HTML, CSS, PHP).
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating complex technical ideas in plain language to users.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, detail-oriented and takes initiative to tackle challenges.
- Ability to work quick and patiently as part of highly diverse team and global user base.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the technical languages and tools required for the learning platform and its contents.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems, and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners.
- Previous experience developing and managing modern training programs
- Experience in digital learning content production and using digital solutions and online tools to create learning solutions and communities
- Experience in manage, support and enable learning with the use of digital learning technology
- Passionate about developing people and enabling performance using innovative digital strategies creative and innovative
Advance level in following core competencies:
- Leading for Change: Capable of developing strategic shift to adapt to the changing environment that maintains the organization relevant and competitive
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Drive for Results: Sets high standards for quality of work; monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- The world’s local solution: Upholding Aide et Action’s global principles, champion community-driven solution with ability to articulate to link field project to AEA global approach and vice-versa. Ability to develop the environment that allows the team at all levels engaging in the big picture (vision, mission and strategies) while delivery their daily tasks.
- Child Projection: Perform the highest standard to ensure child safeguarding in according with our Child Projection Policy.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally, for no less than 30% and usually not to exceed 40% of total working days per year.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to send their CV with a cover letter to Aide et Action’s Cambodian Office at 6th Floor, #322, Street 182, Sangkat Tek La-ork, Khan Toulkork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 March 2021.