Aide et Action is an international nonprofit with 40 years of experience, committed to increasing access to quality education for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, especially children. Aide et Action currently operates in 19 countries across Africa, Asia and Europe and reaches more than 1.2 million beneficiaries every year.
Our Vision: Changing the world through education.
The Director of Finance and Operations is a member of Country Direction Committee and is responsible for leadership and management of all Finance and Operation. The Director of Finance and Operations will ensure the existence of effective and efficient business support in the Aide et Action Cambodia’s Finance, Grant, Human Resources, Procurement and logistics activities by providing the guidance and support to Finance Team, Operation and Service Team in managing and controlling overall the country accounting, financial reporting functions, grant compliance, audit and internal controls.
Aide et Action is in the process of starting a US$ 34M consortium project. The project aims to implemented across the country providing access to equitable, quality and relevant primary education to 116,396 marginalized, out of school children (OOSC) in Cambodia. consortium project to support OOSC to access primary education, focusing on equitable access, quality and relevance, and ownership and accountability. OOSC will initially be identified through participatory community mapping campaigns to bring them into the formal education system through supply and demand side interventions.
- Lead the Finance Team to ensure financial regulations, procedure, and documentation requirement are adhered to Aide et Action country operation, leading in analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; organize financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Ensure that the accounting is in accordance principles and standards; ensures staff follow established procedures; and updates the accounting and policy manuals as needed; ensures completeness and accuracy of all financial records and transactions; keeps current on new accounting principles to ensure timely compliance and implementation.
- Lead the Finance and Operations team on the annual budgeting exercise and planning process in conjunction with the country director and Management Team in order to have the budget completed and presented to and approved by the regional office/ international office and Board in a timely manner and with due support and analysis. Once approved, monitors execution and recommends adjustments.
- Investment: monitors, in close cooperation with the Country Director and Investment Committee the performance of the organization’s investment portfolio and works closely with the Investment Committee to ensure timely reporting and monitoring of investment policies.
- Lead the Finance and Partnership Team to reviews financial reporting material for all donors; ensures, in close cooperation with the direction committee, that resources are allocated in full compliance with stated donor intentions and oversees all financial, program, and grant accounting and reporting.
- Work closely with Senior Grant and Compliance Manager to provide effective support to put in place best practices and lessons learnt for grant management.
- Develop and/or identify and facilitates the training or other capacity-building activities relating to financial skills for the implementing partners.
- Support Senior Grant and Compliance Manger to ensure that effective channels of internal and external communications relating to grants are established and respected.
- Provide technical support to the implementing partners as requested.
Operation, HR, Administration, Procurement
- Direct to ensure an honest, timely and quality delivery of administrative and financial operations and services at all levels of organisation hierarchy, through sound recruitment, organisation internal control and reporting, solid coordination between projects and personnel, and internal audits.
- Oversee all human resource services/processes including recruitment, salary administration and compensation, performance review, training and development, ensuring compliance with Aide et Actioninternal policies, and standards of performance and ensuring that hiring managers actively seek to create diverse teams.
- Maintain awareness of employee well-being and moral and recommends appropriate management response. The Director ensures the continuity of the organizations efforts towards improved diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Oversee Operation/Service Manager on review and renewal of all insurance policies that affect the organization, including ones related to facilities, health, benefits, and safety, ensures policies and procedures and resources are in place to provide for staff and organizational security, especially for field missions involving staff, consultants, and volunteers;
- Office Space and Systems: Work closely with Operations Manager and others to ensure that IT, operational systems, and all other office procedures support the effective operations of the organization.
- Provide supervision to country procurement and logistics inclusive of related information management and maintenance, requests for quotations, quality control and ensuring the set procedures are followed.
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues to achieve the organizational goals.
- Deliver high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment.
- Comply with all legislations and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and Addition Professional qualification such as ACCA/CPA or equivalent is desired.
- Broad knowledge with key donors including European Union, USAID, Ausaid, AFD, etc.;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience covering at least three of the following operations functions: Finance, Procurement Logistics/ Asset Management and Human Resources. Knowledge of the other functions is desirable.
- Proven track record of achieving results and ability to cope up with multiple priorities and be able to take initiative;
- Prior experience in a fast-paced global and/or regional organization aiming for results and growth;
- Experience in developing organizational strategies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally, for no less than 30% and usually not to exceed 40% of total working days per year.