About Aide et Action
Aide et Action is an international nonprofit with 40 years of experience, committed to increasing access to quality education for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, especially children. Aide et Action currently operates in 19 countries across Africa, Asia and Europe and reaches more than 1.2 million beneficiaries every year.
Our Vision: Changing the world through education.
Introduction to CO-SAVED
Aide et Action is proud to lead the Consortium for Sustainable Alternatives and Voice for Economic Development (CO-SAVED).
CO-SAVED is a four-year consortium program with a global budget of over USD 6.6 million. The program will be implemented by Aide et Action, Bandos Komar (BK), Buddhism for Social Development Action (BSDA), the Cooperation Committee of Cambodia (CCC), Cambodia Water Association (CWA), Heifer International (HI), Impact Hub (IH), Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), Pacific-Asia Travel Association (PATA), Young Entrepreneur Association of Cambodia (YEAC) the National League of Local Councils (NLC), four Associations of Districts, Municipalities, Communes and Sangkat (AMDCS), Cambodian Coalition of Fisheries, 20 other civil society organizations and 17 private sector / social enterprise actors as associates, with co-financing from Aide et Action, the European Union, Education Above All Foundation, and Qatar Fund for Development
CO-SAVED is founded on an innovative model of sustainable growth and development that synergizes partnerships among the private sector, government, and civil society to drive progress toward the sustainable development goals.
CO-SAVED envisions stabilising coastal communities and supporting them to become more resilient through a combined approach of participatory governance, enhanced service delivery, and livelihood opportunities for coastal community members.
Together these enhancements will contribute to improved quality of life, help community secure basic economic and social rights, and strengthen their resilience.
The Communication and Partnership Manager will be responsible for building the identity of CO-SAVED from scratch and working closely with partner organizations to develop a constant flow of information from all project sites that tell an accurate story of the project as it unfolds.
Key responsibilities will include the development of: a clear communication strategy and objective; well defined target audiences, outreach strategies for local media, and an attractive visual identity.
Under the Communication and Partnership Manager, content needs to be developed and disseminated that:tells the stories of project participants; identifies the problems the project addresses as well as its proposed solutions; showcases the project’s impact (through various stages of project implementation); builds audiences; and creates media pieces that ensure CO-SAVED’s staff, donors, volunteers, and participants as well as a general public feel connected to the work and its relevance/importance.
- Develop and implement communications strategy in collaboration with the project’s Director and Regional Communication Manager.
- Develop key messages and content to communicate key insights through all phases of the project.
- Supervise and lead all members of the communications team, including outside consultants, partner agencies, freelance designers, production vendors, etc.
- Oversee, develop and manage all digital media, including its website, publications, videos and a strategy for social media engagement, ensuring the EU’s visibility guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Support the management of the development, distribution of all printed collateral including but not limited to brochures, project reports, t-shirts, bags, stickers, etc. and ensure the EU’s visibility guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Develop communications to feature strategic partnerships with key partners and stakeholders to maximize reach across media organizations, national entities, private sector, etc.
- Work closely with Regional Communication Team to support media coverage on key themes such as education, water and sanitation hygiene, sustainable livelihoods, child rights, the socio-economic impact of Covid, the socio-economic impact of climate change, gender inequalities, LGBT+ issues, and more.
- Serve as media focal contact for the project’s areas of focus.
- Manage media and communication field visits to capture information on the project and its participants including interviews, testimonials, photographs and video content.
- Track and measure the level of engagement with audiences over time
- Proactively identify opportunities for placing articles and Op Ed pieces nationally.
- Advance AEA’s Impact thought leadership, including representation at national/regional/international conferences and webinars
- Develop tools to support workflow processes (guidelines, templates, flow charts, etc.).
- Support capacity of project teams to capture and generate stories from the field, generate appropriate local media coverage—considering media monitoring, crisis communications, and brand building for local audience.
- Conduct training for partners on storytelling, message creation, and annual communications planning to align with strategic objectives.
- Ensure regular maintenance of information database and photo and video library.
- Develop and manage a database of partner media contacts.
- Develop trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
Relationship Management, Coordination and Communication
- Manage, maintain and cultivate relationships with key institutional donors, and ensure responsive communication and follow-up, as needed.
- Interact with regional representatives of multilateral organizations and INGOs to ensure positive working relationships at country and regional levels.
- Encourage overall program cohesion through coordination and information-sharing across the region, and identify opportunities for programmatic synergy, where possible.
- Lead development of high quality communication and marketing materials that can be utilized for multiple purposes, including in country donor meetings, regional networking, and global marketing.
- Provides effective support to put in place best practices and lessons learnt for core program and other educational programs so they can be shared and/or replicated next phase and/or across the intervention countries.
- Supports the documentation and communication of best practices that are coherent with the strategy, policy, systems & processes.
- Undertakes advocacy as required for overall and specific objectives.
Support Resources Mobilization
- Supports the development and implementation of Resources Mobilization strategies, aligned with other relevant organization corporate strategies (including Fundraising, Programs, and Advocacy).
- Works closely with Program Director, Country Director and Head of Resources and Development to establish and improve sustained partnerships for funding, including with major bilateral donors, multi-lateral organizations, and foundations and newly emerging funding sources, as well as on changes in the donor context.
- Constructively contributes and collaborates with all colleagues to achieve overall and specific objectives and Aide et Action organizational goals.
- Delivers high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment.
- Complies with all legislations and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- A degree in journalism, communication, media, international relations or similar field.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of European Union development projects would be a strong asset.
- At least four years’ experience in a communication-related role, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of communications/media products, including relations with the press and media and the development of audio and visual materials and tools.
- Familiar with Cambodian context.
- Experience managing the design and production of websites.
- Experience with managing social media campaigns.
- Knowledge of local and regional communications and media field including key contacts i.e. journalists, TV editors, radio shows, etc.
- Background in child rights, education, environment or other relevant area.
Possesses at least an intermediate level in following core competencies:
- Leading for Change: Capable of developing strategic shifts to adapt to the changing environment that keep the organization relevant and competitive.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Communicating Effectively: Effectively shares information with others to reach a common understanding, to allow informed decision-making and as a basis for coordination as well as effective performance across the organization.
- Drive for Results: Sets high standards for quality of work in the project work plan; monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- Child Projection: Perform the highest standard to ensure child safeguarding in according with our Child Projection Policy.
- Excellent writing, editorial, and contemporary storytelling skills.
- Extreme attention to detail with an ability to catch errors and grammatical mistakes.
- Outstanding project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of brand and graphic guidelines.
- Strong abilities with standard office and communications software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to measure, analyze and report on communications activities
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications are invited to send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: March 15 2021
Note: Aide et Action may interview the candidates on a rolling basis. The position is available to be filled immediately.