DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 10 NOVEMBER 2019!
Aide et Action is currently seeking a consultant to conduct an evaluation on the pilot phase of our project “Promoting Quality and Inclusive Early Childhood Care, Education (ECCE) and Parenting in Cambodia and Vietnam” and produce key recommendations that can be incorporated into the scale up of the project.
The evaluator/s will utilise project documents (proposal, logframe, etc.) and conduct discussions with key project stakeholders to determine the achievements and learnings of the pilot phase of our project against the project logframe, answer the key evaluation questions and make recommendations for Aide et Action to improve year’s 2 and 3 of the project and help achieve the overall objective.
The process of developing this material will be led by the evaluator/s with advisory support from the ECCE Project Manager, Porticus Grant Manager and technical support from the Project Advisory Committee and country teams.
The evaluation will be conducted in 5 identified stages; (i) analysing the key project documents; (ii) visiting the countries and interviewing project stakeholders to determine the key successes, challenges and recommendations for phase two; (iii) drafting the evaluation; (iv) review and feedback; (v) finalisation.
Aide et Action staff will be encouraged to be strongly engaged in the process and will work closely with the consultant(s). Embedded into the methodology of this evaluation are consultations and interviews with target groups of the project to ensure a participatory process and ensure that their feedback is integrated into the recommendations for years 2 and 3 of the project.
The consultant will be given the following responsibilities:
- Consult with AEA and Porticus Grant Managers to identify the needs and expectations for the evaluation;
- Conduct analysis on key project documents and prepare questionnaires for project stakeholders;
- Assisting with personal travel to the projects in line with Aide et Action procurement processes;
- Interview key project stakeholders to determine key project successes and challenges;
- Draft the end of pilot evaluation and share with the project manager for feedback;
- Amend and finalize the end of pilot evaluation.
Profile of the consultant
It would be desirable for the consultant to have:
- An advanced university degree (masters or PhD) in social development, education, international relations, development studies, or a related field;
- Some technical experience in early childhood development;
- Good understanding of the education system in South East Asia, particularly Vietnam and Cambodia;
- Strong experience in developing evaluations;
- Strong understanding and empathy of implementing projects at a local level;
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with project members, including remote communication;
- Flexibility to adapt to any subsequent changes in the terms of reference;
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills required;
- Detailed work plan (expected 10th of November);
- Preliminary Findings (expected 30th November)
- First draft of the end of pilot evaluation (expected 15th of December);
- Final draft of the end of pilot evaluation (expected 15th January).
Ideally, the consultant will be based in the Southeast Asia region to facilitate the visits to the project sites.