As the calendar year draws to a close, all of us at Aide et Action Southeast Asia would like to extend our deepest gratitude to our supporters, donors, partners, staff and beneficiaries who have made it an impactful year.
Across our programmes in Cambodia, China, Lao PDR, and Vietnam, we have continued to reach those who need us most and offer increased access to quality education. Our inclusive approach also reached parents and communities offering opportunities to improve knowledge, increase livelihoods and create sustainable change.
From offering adult literacy classes in China to improving nutrition knowledge in Lao PDR – where 44% of children under 5 are classified as stunted – we are seeing the power of education to transform lives. Our work in Cambodia, reaching out of school children, made international headlines this year from an article published in The Independent to videos being showcased at the Human Rights Council’s Social Forum in Geneva and the 2019 WISE Summit in Doha, Qatar. We also took the lessons learned from our early childhood care and education (ECCE) projects in Vietnam and Cambodia to the stage at the 2019 Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Early Childhood Development in Hanoi, Vietnam this month.
Stories from the field
We are delighted to have opportunities to share our stories of change and to work with partners around the world to advance the cause of a child’s right to education:
- China: Adult literacy plants the seed of hope for Huang
- Vietnam: Barriers to education in Southeast Asia: Children are being taught in a language they don’t speak
- Lao PDR: Happy, healthy, nourished children do better at school
- Cambodia: Youth volunteers improve access and quality of education in rural communities
- China: Mobile early childhood educational services bring much needed support into rural areas
- Vietnam: “I just want my children to have a desk and a lightbulb”
- Lao PDR: Gendered inequalities in Southeast Asia: How do we unwrite the script?
- Cambodia: Children who have been abandoned are finding hope in education
- Vietnam: Sensitizing marginalized populations to the risks of migration
- Lao PDR: New beginnings for an old school
We look forward to pushing for further progress in 2020. Thank you for your support.