We are hiring: Head of Programs – Cambodia
We are looking for a Head of Programs for our team in Cambodia!
If you share our belief in every person’s right to a quality education, want to help change the world through education, and think you have what it takes for this role, we want to hear from you! Apply today!
Closing date: 30 January 2019 (5pm).
The Head of Programs is a member of the Country Direction Committee and is responsible for the leadership and management of the program implementation.
The Head of Programs acts as a senior leader in educational program development and improvement, collaborates extensively with other departments and occupies a strategically important role in the programmatic success of the Aide et Action International Cambodia Program. The position reports directly to the Country Director and has regular interaction with senior staff, country and regional heads, donors and key stakeholders.
He/She will be based in the in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
This is a full-time role.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Be a role model in achieving a high standard in the country’s program policies and procedures, values and leadership;
- Proactively contribute to the evolution and development of the country strategy;
- Ensure that all that staff under supervision have clear performance goals, indicators and development plans which enable them to succeed;
- Serve as a critical member of the Direction Committee to ensure strategic leadership together with respective team members;
- Support the effective management of the division’s resources (financial, technical and operational) in order to achieve the strategic objectives;
- Effectively select, retain and develop staff’s talents, experiences and skills to build a strong organization;
- Proactively lead a team to ensure a high standard of employee engagement;
- Support compliance with all legislation and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Lead the implementation of Aide et Action’s overall educational program strategy in line with the organization’s Strategic Plan;
- Develop and manage the flow of information regarding Aide et Action International’s evolving key concepts regarding programming and social enterprise, to both internal and external stakeholders, with a particular focus on changes in plans and overall program progress, challenges and achievements;
- Stay informed about research and trends in the area of international education and recommend improvements for Aide et Action International and global programs accordingly;
- Lead the implementation of programs/projects and support the implementation of country programs;
- Develop relationships and partnerships and negotiate with international and national partners as well as government and donors for existing and future program development opportunities within the country;
- Assist the team with preparing high-quality reports meeting donors’ and investors’ requirements.
- Monitor program quality and effectiveness as well as systems to measure this (monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning);
- Effectively put in place best practice and lessons learnt for educational programs so they can be shared and/or replicated across the Aide et Action intervention countries;
- Manage the documentation and communication of best practice and ensure they are coherent with Aide et Action strategy, policy, systems and processes;
- Facilitate the exchange of learning/experiences across local, national and international contexts, relevant to the country and region;
- Represent Aide et Action externally to ensure our experiences help shape the development agenda and remain abreast of developments in donor and peer agency approaches to development effectiveness;
- Undertake advocacy as required for Aide et Action’s development work and any related significant issues to achieve strategic objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of Resource Mobilization strategies, aligned with the organization’s relevant corporate strategies (including Fundraising, Programs, and Advocacy) to position Aide et Action and its program quality strongly within the regions and to secure agreed revenue targets;
- Support the identification and development of opportunities and advise on appropriate strategies and approaches to seize them;
- Work closely with the Country Director and Head of Resources & Development to establish and improve sustained partnerships for funding, including major bilateral donors, multi-lateral organizations, foundations and newly emerging funding sources.
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues to achieve the organizational goals;
- Deliver high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operations;
- Comply with all legislation and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Values & Behavior
- Promote and be a role model in support of the organizational culture, growth, performance and image;
- Actively support the organization’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO);
- Actively demonstrate the organizational values:
Freedom: We respect people’s rights
Respect: We value differences
Solidarity: We are stronger together
Equity: We treat people equally
Integrity: We stand up what is right
- A Master’s Degree in Project Management, Social Science, Education, International Development, International Relations or related disciplines;
- Extensive knowledge of the Cambodian education system and technical areas relevant to Aide et Action.
- Solid knowledge of the education context, and practice, theory of change, result-based management, project-cycle management, measurement of quantitative and qualitative impacts;
- Ability to develop and link program metrics to program outcomes and to articulate and promote strong monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures;
- A management style that is outcome-oriented, flexible and respects the capabilities and independence of staff, while providing them with a clear sense of direction;
- Prior success working closely with and building relationships with staff, partners, donors;
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people;
- Broad knowledge about key donors including the European Union, USAID, AusAid, and AFD.
- At least 7 years’ professional experience in a managerial role, with demonstrated success in managing teams, program implementation and management, new business development, and working through delegated functional leaders;
- Proven track record of achieving results and ability to cope with multiple priorities and take initiative;
- Prior experience in a fast-paced global or regional organization aiming for results and growth;
- Experience in developing organizational strategies;
- Experience working within a diverse team.
- Strong leadership skills – with the ability to lead multiple-disciplinary teams and working groups, effective in influencing and assertive at the executive level;
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Key knowledge of educational contexts and regional and global challenges;
- Demonstrated financial and budgeting skills.
- An energetic self-starter with resilience and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities while maintaining a sense of humor when dealing with difficult situations.
Desired additional skill
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and Khmer. French is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, for no less than 30% and usually not to exceed 40% of total working days per year.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV with a cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com.
Closing date: 5pm on 30 January 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests/interviews.
Please also note that Aide et Action might be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis before the closing date.