We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Learning Officer with our Cambodia team!
Check out our requirements and if you think you fit the bill, and are passionate about education and development, apply today!
Closing date: 30 January 2019 (5pm).
The Digital Learning Officer with Aide et Action International – Cambodia will be responsible for developing and managing a digital learning and training program. More specifically, the Digital Learning Officer will develop training materials, guides, policies, and strategy for end-users and create an easily accessible knowledge center of resources.
He/She will work with a dispersed team of trainers to deliver training and education to users. He/she will ensure digital knowledge and excellence in using technology seamlessly to work collaboratively and meet business needs.
He/She will be based in the in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
This is a 3-year, full-time contract role.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Be responsible for all aspects of the organization’s digital learning strategy;
- Work to integrate technology into our programmes to enhance learning and community engagement;
- Integrate digital content to support Aide et Action projects and programs;
- Support the integration of technology, tablets, and other devices as learning tools into partner programs and learning settings.
Development & Implementation
- Provide scalable training solutions such as in-person and virtual training, one-on-one training and support (during regular office hours) for users at all levels;
- Manage and grow the digital learning platform and all its components;
- Be accountable for the overall relationship and management of the learning platform and content providers;
- Collaborate with content and impact partners in developing new learning solutions;
- Manage an ICT device to help staff and partners learn and adopt mobile devices that enable them to work more effectively;
- Gather user feedback, monitor, evaluate and report on training program performance;
- Ensure training initiatives and execution strategically align with user support functionality, user advocacy, and communications;
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and measuring of the progress of the Digital Learning Team;
- Incorporate user feedback from training and user engagement into communication and knowledge resources for users;
- Provide backup support as needed for communications and help desk management.
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues to achieve the organizational goals;
- Deliver high quality work that provides a conducive environment to our operating environment.
Values & Behaviors
- Promote and be a role model in support of the organizational culture, growth, performance and image;
- Actively support the organization’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO);
- Actively demonstrate the organizational values:
Freedom: We respect people’s rights
Respect: We value differences
Solidarity: We are stronger together
Equity: We treat people equally
Integrity: We stand up what is right
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required;
- 2+ years leading digital training programs;
- Previous experience developing and managing modern training programs;
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating complex technical ideas in plain language to users.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the technical languages and tools required for the learning platform and its content;
- Understanding of digital learning content production;
- Well versed in developing people and enabling performance through the creative use of innovative digital strategies.
- The ability to simplify and remove complexity in all aspects of the role and outputs;
- Strong understanding of using digital solutions and online tools to create learning solutions and communities.
- Can challenge the wider team and community on the use of digital techniques to provide an enhanced user experience, being innovative and creative to meet the needs of a dynamic and diverse set of stakeholders;
- Key knowledge of educational contexts and regional and global challenges;
- Manage, research, support and enable learning with the use of digital learning technology.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work with multiple-disciplinary teams and working groups, effective in influencing and assertive at the executive level;
- Ability to work quickly and patiently as part of a highly diverse team and global user base;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, detail-oriented, and takes initiative to tackle challenges;
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills.
- An energetic self-starter with resilience, used to working in a fast-paced environment and with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities while maintaining a sense of humor when dealing with difficult situations;
- Passionate about developing people and enabling performance using digital strategies in creative and innovative ways.
Desired Additional Skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English.
French is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, for no less than 30% and usually not to exceed 40% of total working days per year.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV with a cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com.
Closing date: 5pm on 30 January 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests/interviews.
Please also note that Aide et Action might be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis before the closing date.