Do you share our belief in every person’s right to a quality education?
Do you want to help change the world through education?
Do you have what it takes to be our Regional Finance & HR Associate for Southeast Asia & China?
If your answer is yes, we want to hear from you – apply today!
Closing date: 5 January 2019.
The Regional Finance & HR Associate works closely with Finance Director to ensure the effective implementation of financial system and procedures in the Southeast Asia & China region. He/She will provide support to countries’ offices on budget process, technical accounting, and financial reporting to ensure the compliance with the policies and procedures. He/She also provides support to the regional office for the implementation of the Human Resource and Organizational development strategies in the region to promote learning and effective support of human resource services across countries’ programs.
He/She will be based in the Regional Office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
This is a full-time role.
Financial Accounting – Budgeting and Compliance (50%)
- Be responsible for day to day bookkeeping for regional office and verifying the bookkeeping from the other countries in the region to ensure the compliance with AEA International Finance Manual Procedures;
- Implement and monitor internal financial controls to ensure compliance with AEAI-SEA and China Internal Control policies, and local laws and regulations in country offices;
- Monitor and review program spending all the countries in the region and budget modifications throughout the fiscal year and provide the FD with periodic reports on the status of the regional budget;
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of monthly bank account records, bank reconciliation, employee salary and tax statements, General Ledger to sub-ledger reconciliation and other supporting documentation necessary for effective financial management and reporting;
- Assist the RFAD and liaise with AEA SEA & China finance service on annual /monthly operating budget and budget revisions; monitor and analyze monthly operational budget;
- Works closely with regional programme team to review the project budgets according to annual planning;
- Assists line managers in responding to the questions of external auditors relating to financial and internal control issues;
- Prepare monthly banks reconciliation and petty cash management;
- Support the procurement and payment processes for South East Asia and China Regional office
- Perform other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor.
Human Resources / Operations (50%)
- Assist with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the organization strategic goals;
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars;
- Assist with the carrying out of an organization -wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management;
- Assist with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as organization meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings;
- Help monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the organization’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction;
- Assist with the organization-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture;
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of website, particularly recruiting, culture, and organizational information; and staff filling management in Google drive;
- Maintain employee-related databases in the region. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and organization. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested;
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs), 360 degree appraisal, and employee development programs;
- Assist with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses the organization’s training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer;
- Manage the recruitment process for regional staff, head of department at country program, and interns using the recruiting policy and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Assist with the development of Human Resources policies for the organization with regard to employee relations.
- Partner with management and country program directors to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participate in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Advise managers/Country Program Directors and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the organization. Counsels managers on employment issues. Assists with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises
- Prepares monthly master payroll and all staff benefit for regional office to get approval then forwards the approved master payroll to Finance team for payroll processing.
Values & Behavior
- Promote and be a role model to support organizational culture, growth, performance and image
- Actively support the organization commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Actively demonstrate the organizational values:
Freedom: We respect people’s rights
Respect: We value differences
Solidarity: We are stronger together
Equity : We treat people equally
Integrity: We stand up for what is right
- University degree in Accounting/Finance, or relevant field (Master preferred)
- Combined experiences in both finance and human resources generalist between 3 to 5 years.
- Experienced in auditing is preferred.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and the computer skill of using computerized financial system (ERP), spreadsheet and word processing program.
- Previous experience of financial management and audit of NGO type activities.
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communications skills, demonstrated professional disposition
- Ability to demonstrate strong objectivity and independence to be able to challenge stakeholders in pursuit of financial management excellence
- Planning, scheduling and organizing skills
- Strong sense of analytical skill, ethics and reliability
- High sense of initiative and creativity
- An energetic self-starter with the resilience, pace, interpersonal flexibility and comfort with ambiguity to succeed within the evolving and sometimes demanding culture
- Ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities and maintain a sense of humor.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not attach any certificates.
Closing date: 5 January 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will contacted for tests/interviews.
Please also note that Aide et Action might be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis before the closing date.
Vacancy also announced on bongthom.com website.