Do you share our belief in every person’s right to a quality education and want to help change the world through education?
Do you think you have what it takes to be our Communication & Partnership Manager?
If so, apply today!
Closing date: 31 May 2019 (5pm)
The Communication & Partnership Manager will develop contents, tell stories, and create media pieces that engage and build a wide variety of audiences and ensure AEAI’s staff, donors and volunteers feel connected with the work of our teams in Southeast Asia and China and are motivated and supported. This function plays a pivotal role in increasing corporate funding for our work in the region through effective communication so we can scale up activities and enhance the impact of our programs.
This person will strive to achieve the objectives of the role by working closely with colleagues across the organization and ensure that our fundraising targets and contractual obligations with corporate donors are met. The Communication & Partnership Manager must also ensure that our communication strategy is aligned across fundraising, the mobilization of the media, as well as our advocacy activities to expand and deepen the engagement of our supporters base.
The Communication & Partnership Manager will be part of our regional team based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This is a full-time role.
- Develop and implement the communications strategy for the region in close collaboration with the Regional Director and the international communication team;
- Lead the production of news, online contents (web and social media), visual presentations and innovative communication tools. Suggest who, where, and when to disseminate;
- Serve as media focal point for information related to the programs in the region;
- Manage the educational blog project to articulate the education challenges and good practices thereby promoting our expertise in the education sector in the region and beyond;
- Put the communication vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communication activities;
- Support the management of the development, distribution and maintenance of all printed and electronic collaterals including but not limited to newsletters, e-news, brochures, annual reports, websites;
- Work closely with communication teams in the program countries and provide support as needed;
- Respond in a timely fashion to specific requests from headquarters and fundraising offices for information, testimonials, photographs and video clips on the projects.
- Develop and advance the regional fundraising strategy targeting corporate and high net-worth individuals;
- Provide advice to and assist the Regional Director and Country Directors in enhancing the corporate fundraising strategy in relation to their programs and specific projects as well as in reviewing the implementation of these strategies on a regular basis;
- Contribute to the regional strategic and annual planning processes by integrating fundraising as part of the overall process;
- Liaise with program teams in advising partner organizations on how to build their fundraising capacities and knowledge;
- Develop new and strengthen existing corporate donor relationships by ensuring that the organization maintains effective communication and good relations with our donors and that they are kept abreast of our work and achievements.
Values & Behavior
- Promote and be a role model in support of the organizational culture, growth, performance and image;
- Actively support the organization’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO);
- Actively demonstrate the organizational values:
Freedom: We respect people’s rights.
Respect: We value differences.
Solidarity: We are stronger together.
Equity: We treat people equally.
Integrity: We stand up what is right.
- Degree in Marketing/Mass communications, journalism, international relations, or related disciplines;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and another local language of program countries in the region; (French is a plus);
- Ability to simplify complex program information for non-development professionals and to clearly articulate the key selling points of a project.
- At least 4 years’ experience in developing marketing, corporate fundraising, media relations, or promotional materials; experience as a journalist in education development preferred;
- Experience producing high-quality print materials and in collaborating in the production of multimedia content packages;
- Experience in working with branding;
- Experience in dealing with corporate sponsorship.
Must possess an intermediate level in following core competencies:
- Leading for Change: Capable of developing strategic shifts to adapt to the changing environment that keep the organization relevant and competitive.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Communicating Effectively: Effectively shares information among others to reach a common understanding, to allow informed decision-making and as a basis for coordination as well as quick and effective performance across the organization.
- Drive for Results: Sets high standards for quality of work in the project work plan; monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- Child Protection: Adheres to the highest standards to ensure child safeguarding in accordance with our Child Protection Policy.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write in a passionate, engaging voice and good verbal presentation and language skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and can work in a team successfully; able to form successful professional relationships with local and international colleagues;
- Good knowledge of the principles of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including keyword research;
- A solid understanding of the social media universe including, but not limited to: Facebook, You Tube, LinkedIn, Twitter;
- Functional knowledge of and/or personal experience with WordPress;
- HTML & CSS skills, Animation and motion graphics experience;
- Experience in the production of illustrations, info-graphics.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, for approximately 20% of total working days per year.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV with a cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 31 May 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests/interviews. Please also note that Aide et Action might be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis before the closing date.