Technical Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support M&E processes using AEA-developed tools and provide guidance to staff on their use.
- Maintain a functioning regional M&E system through coordinating monthly M&E calls and collating required project information from the field.
- Oversee routine project monitoring activities and track progress towards targets, ensuring planned implementation and monitoring activities have been completed, as scheduled.
- Regularly review country tools and tracking forms to ensure activities that require follow-up are addressed, making sure to trouble-shoot and flag issues to the regional management team.
- Routinely perform quality control checks of M&E work and quality of data.
- Compile, review and consolidate regular project data for use by different departments at regional and international levels, such as for funding and communication purposes.
- Assist program teams in data analysis.
- Track planned evaluations and ensure that evaluation reports are obtained and shared to facilitate learning.
- Support country teams to design and carry out assessments and research exercises, as appropriate.
- Provide documentation on case studies and success stories, in collaboration with project staff.
- In collaboration with Senior Regional Manager, identify M&E needs and facilitate capacity building of country staff through training and on the job support.
- Ensure project M&E design in proposals is logically sound, beneficiary-informed and contextually appropriate, based on evidence and learning from the field.
- Support drafting of well-developed M&E plans in project proposals, including development of logical frameworks and performance monitoring plans.
Communications & Reporting
- Help promote sharing of lessons learned from project M&E to improve project design and implementation across the region.
- Undertake quality control and final editing of all reports generated at the country level, ensuring all documents reflect sound M&E practice and accurate data.
- Take part in M&E networks with other NGOs, UN and other external partners to stay current on best monitoring and evaluation practice and to support quality
- programming and accountability standards.
Qualification, knowledge and experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, M&E, Project Management, Social Sciences, Education, International Development, or related disciplines; Master's Degree in a relevant field an added advantage.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in a M&E position for international development projects, preferably with a focus on education.
- Knowledge of major evaluation, data collection and analysis methodologies including qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods.
- Experience with data quality assessment, oversight, and tools development.
- Capacity to produce high-quality reports in English.
- Highly proficient in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to design / refine M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations.
Skills and Attributes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple teams and effectively influence / engage at the executive level;
- Advanced writing, editing, negotiation, and presentation skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, including the ability to analyze and synthesize information for programmatic decision-making;
- An energetic self-starter with the resilience, pace, interpersonal flexibility and comfort with ambiguity to succeed within the evolving and sometimes demanding culture;
- Ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities and maintain a sense of humor.